# 330, Buy 12 new CDs, 1/12
Even though I’m fond of saying that I’ve been listening to the same 10 CDs for the last 25 years, I do like lots of different kinds of music. Right now, I’m on an indie kick and I LOVE the song Got You Well, from Gabrielle Papillon from Nova Scotia. I’ve purchased the CD and I’m looking forward to hearing the whole album.
I followed her on Instagram and I saw that she made a 2010 playlist. It was kind of fun to listen to these Canadian bands and hear what was influencing Gabrielle six years ago.
- Amelia Curran– The Mistress
- Chloe Abert– Honey Bee
- Steven Bowers- Sewing Machines
- Steve Brockley–Late Night Nancy
- Luke Doucet– Long Haul Driver
- Tanya Davis– Thesaurus
- Bent By Elephants– Victor
- Wooden Sky– Something Hiding for Us in the Night
- Bette et Wallet– Squeegees
- Don Brownrigg– Fight for the Castle
- Dance Movie– Carjack My Heart
- Erin Costelo- Architect of Fashion
I really liked a few of these selections. I liked the Chloe Abert for her cheerful pop folk music, and Bette et Wallet was fun, partly sung in French and sounds kind of Cajun-y with accordion thrown into the mix.
When I was listening to Erin Costelo, I got a pop-up saying Welcome Non Canadian! It was a polite reminder that licensing rules are different in Canada.
I spent some time listening to later music by these bands to see how they’ve evolved.
I often use Pandora to find new bands, but tonight I enjoyed hearing music that was off the beaten track.
I also enjoyed hearing music from Little May and Meg Hutchinson while I was in this mood.
That was my Friday night.
336 days to go!